Skip to main content

End Of The Year Personal Retreat.


Hi everyone, welcome to the end of the year...lol. It's being such a ride. In few hours we'll exit year 2018 vehicle enter into this vehicle called YEAR 2019. Exciting right?

Earlier in the week, my mind was so heavy,and couldn't point out any reason for that. Well, Hillsong to the rescue. While I was soothing my mind with that, I came across the best end of the year message of my life by Apostle Joshua Selman. It really helped me take proper review of my year and life. By the time I was done, I discovered (by being sincere with myself) what I'd done well or not too well this year, the results of my actions or inactions this year. I got insight into what I want next year to be for me and how to go about it.

 Why do a year end review? Here are four simple reasons;

1.To identify your lessons for the year
2. Review what has happened this year
3. Regain focus
4. Start the new year on a high note.

Here is a glimpse into my note from the message: Maximizing Personal Retreat.

1. Thanksgiving: Without God , what can we do! Thank God for everything He has done for you all days of this year. Don't say "God i thank you for everything" I'm so guilty of this sometimes. Be very specific in your thanksgiving. For instance, say; "God I thank you for healing my friend of breast cancer, thank you for settling my school bills". When we pray, we don't say; God please do everything.....we had specific request, we gave Him details of what we wanted. Let's be very detailed and meticulous in our thanksgiving too.

2. Review the present year; There is need for you to be sincere with yourself while doing this reviews, because you don't want to repeat the same mistakes. You don't want to lay new blocks on old/deformed foundation. You should be very sincere with yourself, and most importantly allow the Holy spirit pin point those areas of inadequacies to you. As He will be correcting you, take to corrections. If you allow the Holy Spirit to  thoroughly do these reviews with you, you will get to a point that you will feel the nudge to ask God for forgiveness for not doing so well this year, when He has lavished you with resources. Please do!

 a. Spiritual life: You want to ask yourself questions like.... How is my passion for God? Did I give the Holy Spirit the whole of me, a par of me or even nothing at all?  Did I get more or less illumination and revelation of the Word? What was my disposition to God's word? Did I conform to His words or took it with levity? What is my growth curve like? If you are able to give positive answers to these questions, thank God for helping you. Pray that He'll help you more in the next year, and be ready to go higher with Him. If yours is the other way round or even somewhere in between, don't  feel sad or give up. Determine to take away those things that won't allow your growth.  Ask the Father for grace to grow.

 b. Mental development/transformation; This entails a stock of  how much relevant information you have acquired this year, how you allowed the Holy Spirit to influence your my mind, how I aligned my mentality to His'. What improvement have I made to my mindset. What are my attributes and Character now, and how did they add to my environment?

c. Health/Body: It is a sin to be careless with the temple of God, which is your body. How much have you cared for your body this year. How careless have you being with it?

d. Assignments/Purpose/Kingdom service: Did I occupy myself with purpose? Did I go about everything  as though beating the air, with no center of focus? Did I invest my resources into building myself up for better fulfillment of my purpose? Did I make purposeful progress this year? If you are unsure about your purpose, you should ask yourself questions like; Did I ask God diligently for my purpose in life? Did I work towards discovering myself? Did I use the talent(s) He has given me or bury them? Did I populate or depopulate the kingdom of God this year?

e. Finances; How much did God place in my hands this year? Did I surrender it back to God? Was I wise in my spending? Did I give in proportion to God's blessings or less? what do I know about finances(books, models etc)? What did I do to increase my income streams?

f. Relationships:
What's my relationship with the Holy Spirit like?
Whose presence in my life diminished my productivity this year?
Whose presence accelerated my productivity this year?
Whose presence developed me?
Did I make any irrelevant(not necessarily bad) friends this year?
Who or what do I need to lay off?
How is my relationship with family/friends/loved ones?
Was I good to them?
Did I help 'sharpen' them?

3. Plan for the next year; If you were not sincere with yourself in the above reviews, there is absolutely no point planning for the new year. If you were sincere as you should be, go on and plan.

a. Set clear goals according to the areas mentioned above (and more that you can think of)
b. Back them up with scriptures (There is power in the Word!).
c. Allocate time to these goal; Helps you prioritize, get more done in less time, keeps you on track.
d. Pray, pray, pray! He says we should cast all our cares upon Him, because He cares. However praying without planning is playing without knowing!
e. Search for the resources you need, and maximize every one of them for your growth. If you are the reading type, read books on how to better in all areas of your life. You are the visual type, there are so many messages on youtube for you. You are the auditory type, there are so many podcasts to listen to. If you are everything listed here, well that's good, lol. Go ahead and tap into these resources

  As I mentioned earlier, I took this notes from this message; Maximizing personal retreat by Apostle Joshua Selman. Here is the link to it. You can make your own notes and share with others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8kznmkuECw&t=6333s


On this note, let's start the year! Never forget to look back from time to time in course of the year to give yourself a pat on the back or to push yourself to do more! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Have a fulfilled year.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STANDING FOR THE RIGHT.

Do the right things even if you're among the minority One time or the other in our lives we've made decisions basically because we have realized that we were previously wrong and had to make everything right. Now making it all right does not come without a price/ prices to pay for it. This is the part so many people don't want to talk or hear about and that is why most people just turn back from making that right decision they ought to. Here is a little story :         A young orphan, Mark struggled his way through to the university with the little jobs he did, he supported himself and was doing fine. All of  sudden he was dismissed from the job and couldn't fend for himself anymore. He had to l ive on what friends gave him. He had a clique of friends that were richer than him and it seems like he was their errand boy whenever he is around them. But he didn't really care about that, he was carried away with paying his school fees, feeding and getting a new job

NOT A STRAIGHT COURSE BUT BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE.

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose".  Romans 8:28 A straight course is not always the shortest distance between where we are and where we want to be.  It 'might' be another short distance to  confusion or probably destruction. Although we have our lives all planed out and we just work in line with it. But really it doesn't happen that way most of the time. There has to be some points God displaces our plans and replaces it with His. Trust me it doesn't seem like what we want at first but at the end all those interruptions from God into our lives work together for our good. Therefore having it at the back of our minds that 'our ways and thoughts are not His' will help us work more with God, trust Him and with high hopes pull through any challenging phase of our lives. Allowing God interrupt our straightway is also building humility in us. Humilit

BRAGGY BAG OF TALENTS.

This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. Jeremiah 9:23 NLT Everyone has his/her own talents, abilities, empowerment in the right measure as deposited in them by God. And I know we even endeavor to learn more about others that attracts our interests. In fact we almost wants every empowerment God has to offer us. We even pray to God to add more talents to you or help you fully perfect the ones you have. Yeah that's good. It's okay that we desire all of these good things. But what are your aims. I mean after you get all these things what do you consciously or unconsciously (sometimes) do with them. A boastful person is perceived as restless, immodest, impatient, vainglorious,egotistical, proud to mention a few, but these piece will address some of it. So, here we go;       If we really dig deep into people's heart and find out why they want some things so much